Quo Advertising Content and Image Guidelines
Here at Quo, our goal is to provide an advertising program that serves the best interests of our advertisers and our users. For this reason, the advertising accepted on our site is held up to high standards, and our policies reflect that. We reserve the right to use our editorial discretion when determining which advertisements may appear on our site. Below, you'll find our general advertising guidelines and our advertising content policy.
General Advertising Guidelines
- The advertising content must be clearly identifiable as an advertisement.
- The advertiser must fulfill the advertised offer as stated in the advertisement including, without limitation, not altering any offer periods, product offers, or prices that are stated in the advertisement.
- Advertisements cannot mislead the user. For example, ads may not mimic or resemble Windows/Mac/Unix dialog boxes, error messages, or the like.
- Advertisements cannot solicit or collect, or appear to solicit or collect, any personally identifiable information from Quo users without their knowledge.
- Advertisements cannot mimic Quo user experience (look and feel, buttons, etc).
- Click-through URLs:
- cannot launch stand-alone video/audio players or otherwise display content outside the standard browser window.
- may not result in the launch of multiple browser windows.
- Advertisements may not discriminate in the sale, rental, and financing of dwellings, and in other housing-related transactions, based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, familial status and handicap as specified in the federal Fair Housing Act and all applicable state and local laws.
- For banner ads, advertisements must contain the advertiser's company name or logo.
Advertising Content Policy
The following subjects are either expressly forbidden or allowed under very limited circumstances. This list is not comprehensive, but should give you an idea of the sorts of ads you won't find on Quo.
- Adult/Sexual Content: We don't accept advertisements and associated landing pages containing sexually explicit content. Advertising that promotes Web sites featuring primarily adult content will not be accepted either.
- Aids for Passing Drug Tests: Advertising for aids to pass drug tests, as well as advertising for sites that promote these products, is not permitted.
- Alcohol: We do not permit advertising of alcoholic beverages.
- Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia: Advertisements for drugs (both illegal and herbal) and drug-related paraphernalia are not permitted.
- Fake Documents: We do not accept advertising that promotes fake identification/documentation of any kind.
- Fireworks/Pyrotechnic Devices: Any advertising that promotes fireworks and/or pyrotechnic devices is not permitted.
- Gambling Content: Sorry, no dice: We do not allow any advertising that promotes gambling or wagering.
- Hacking and Cracking: Advertisements that promote hacking or cracking are not permitted.
- Hate Speech: Don't be a hater. The promotion or advocacy of hate speech directed at a group or individual is not allowed.
- Illegal Activity: We do not permit the promotion of illegal activities, including (but obviously not limited to) illegal chain letters, pyramid schemes, and contests.
- Non-accredited Universities: Life experience is valuable, granted, but only accredited universities may advertise on Quo.
- People Finder Services: Advertising promoting people finder services and other similar services may not be posted.
- Political Content: Permitted: Advertising content that promotes political advocacy. Not permitted: Any advertisements that exploit divisive political issues for profit.
- Prescription Drugs and Related Content: Advertising promoting medical or pharmaceutical products and pharmacies are restricted according to applicable laws.
- Profanity: No, we're not going to wash your mouth out with soap. But any content that we deem profane is not allowed in our advertisements.
- Prostitution: We don't accept advertisements for prostitution, regardless of its legal status in some areas.
- Religious Content: Advertisements that use religious symbols, rituals, or texts in a mocking or offensive manner are not allowed.
- Satellite television service providers: We do not accept advertising from satellite television service providers. We also do not allow any person or entity who sells satellite receiving equipment or services to advertise satellite television services.
- Slanderous, Libelous, or Defamatory Content: We do not allow advertising that features or promotes slanderous, libelous, or defamatory content.
- Software and Dialers: The promotion of software such as dialers that activate without a user's express consent is not permitted.
- Solicitation of Funds: Government-registered charities and political organizations are the only groups allowed to solicit funds in advertising.
- Spam/Bulk Marketing: We do not allow the advertising of bulk marketing products in which the stated or implied use is for unsolicited spam — including e-mail lists (non-opt-in) and bulk messaging and e-mail software.
- Sweepstakes and Free Offers: We do not permit promoting sweepstakes or free offers.For banner advertisements, promoting sweepstakes or free offers must have prior Quo approval. Please contact an ad sales representative for details.
- Tobacco and Cigarettes: We do not permit advertising that promotes tobacco or tobacco-related products.
- Traffic Devices: Promoting services, devices, or methods to aid in avoiding traffic tickets is not permitted in our advertising.
- Trademarks: Advertisers are responsible for appropriate use of trademarks. Use of third party trademarks in advertisements must be lawful and accurate, such as where the advertiser is a lawful reseller of the third party's good or services. If you have any concerns that your trademark is being improperly used in an advertisement on Quo, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Video Descramblers: The promotion of devices used to descramble satellite and/or cable signals is not allowed.
- Violence: Any site that promotes or glorifies violence and suffering, or features graphic images of same, may not advertise on Quo.
- Weapons: Can't we all just get along? No weapons.
- Webcams/Surveillance Equipment: We permit advertising for sites that promote webcams or other surveillance equipment for legitimate use only.